Connections Behavior Planning and Intervention is excited to welcome Kaitlan Collie, BCBA, for a three-hour webinar for Behavior Analysts! This event will focus on assessment, treatment planning, and addressing risk of abuse for learners on the Autism Spectrum.
The topic of puberty and sexuality can be uncomfortable and conversation about it is commonly avoided. The result is a lack of resources, information, and discussion surrounding this topic. This can be especially complicated and challenging for youth with developmental disabilities like Autism Spectrum Disorder.
This presentation will begin with exploring some common misconceptions regarding sexuality and individuals on the Autism spectrum. Attendees will explore the typical onset of puberty and sexual behaviors, including the disconnect between behaviors observed in typically developing peers and individuals with ASD. We will discuss critical components of sexuality education, existing resources, proactive strategies, and strategies for reducing the risk of abuse. Participants will complete applied practice exercises throughout the presentation.
About the Presenter
Kaitlan Collie is a board certified behavior analyst at Connections Behavior Planning and Intervention, where she works as a Behavior Specialist and Regional Training Supervisor, overseeing the training of new behavior technicians and BCBA’s. Kaitlan first entered the field in 2010 and received her BCBA certification in 2015. She has worked in California, Texas, and Washington providing services in a variety of settings including homes, schools, clinics, and community-based settings, with clients aged 2-21. Kaitlan’s primary experience and passion resides in working with individuals with autism aged 11-15 who exhibit severe challenging behaviors.
Participants at this event will:
- Describe common misconceptions regarding sexuality and individuals on the autism spectrum
- Describe the typical onset of puberty and related sexual behaviors in typically developing children and those with ASD
- Practice assessing an individual’s sexuality education needs
- Identify teaching strategies that promote appropriate sexual expression and sexual knowledge
- Identify strategies to address inappropriate masturbation or other inappropriate sexual behaviors
- Identify strategies to reduce risk of abuse
CEU’s included, and Cost to Attend:
- 3.0 Learning BACB CEU’s (included with purchase)
- $30 to access
- Includes access to the recording and presentation materials, and CEU’s.
For questions, challenges with registration, or any other needed information, please contact Dusty, Director of Continuing Education and ACE Coordinator for CBPI, LLC, at email@example.com.
Connections Behavior Planning & Intervention, LLC, is a BACB-Approved ACE Provider (Provider # OP-17-2781). The BACB does not directly sponsor or endorse this event, its speakers, or its content.