Connections Behavior Planning and Intervention is excited to welcome Amelia Bowler, BCBA, for a webinar for Behavior Analysts! This event will focus on information about ‘intrinsic motivation’ in behavior analysis.
About the Presenter
Amelia Bowler, BCBA, Amelia Bowler is a teacher, writer, artist, parent, fomenter of chaos and Board Certified Behaviour Analyst in Toronto, Canada. She has written two books on the topic of Oppositional Defiant Disorder, including The Parent’s’ Guide to Oppositional Defiant Disorder, published by Jessica Kingsley Books.
- Attendees will operationally define common educational terms such as intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, using behavioral language.
- Attendees will identify situations in which attempts at providing contrived, contingent, socially-mediated reinforcement may be harmful to the learner.
- Attendees will explain why individuals may seek out or stay in situations involving contingent reinforcement even when non-contingent reinforcement is available.
- Attendees will identify reinforcing situations that occur in the “natural” environment, and describe what is so compelling about the things we do “for free.”
CEU’s included, and Cost to Attend:
- 2.0 Learning BACB CEU’s per session (included with purchase)
- $40 to attend
- Includes access to the recording and presentation materials, and CEU’s.
For questions, challenges with registration, or any other needed information, please contact Dusty, Director of Continuing Education and ACE Coordinator for CBPI, LLC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.