Safety-Care for Families is a curriculum designed to support family members and other stakeholders working with individuals with behavioral challenges in the home setting.
This training series is broken down into two 3-hour sessions that must be taken in order:
Essential Skills Level 1
- Collaboration with Professionals
- Challenging Behaviors
- Safety Habits
- Legal Issues
- Managing your own behavior
- Reducing Challenging behavior and increasing appropriate alternatives
Essential Skills Level 2
- What happens before challenging behaviors
- Identifying signals and triggers of challenging behaviors
- Create a Safety Plan for your family
- Principles of De-Escalation
All caregivers and family members over the age of 18 are encouraged to participate.
- Essential Skills Level 1 &2: $50 per person
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each Training Group needs to have a minimum of 4 people per group. The training will be canceled if less than 4 people sign up. You will be refunded if training is canceled.
- If you do not show up for training or cancel with less than 24 hours notice then you will not receive a refund.